DONOR RELATIONS DIRECTOR
The Catholic Information Center seeks a full time Donor Relations Director to secure funds for the CIC by cultivating a qualified donor portfolio and assuring that as many individuals/institutions as possible are secured as new donors, retained as continuing donors, and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their personal passions and philanthropic interests through their giving to and participation in the mission of the CIC.
- Share the mission of CIC and the joy of the Catholic faith with benefactors.
- Develop and implement strategy and tactics regarding the development process.
- Lead in the discovery, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts.
- Work and meet regularly with Development Associate, COO and Director in collaboration on relationships with benefactors.
- Develop and maintains a portfolio of ~150 CIC potential benefactors (i.e. potential benefactors with the capacity to give between $2,500 – $500,000 annually). Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important patrons of CIC.
- Create individual goals for each person on his or her portfolio based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential, and execute a plan to achieve those goals.
- Schedules and conducts face-to-face benefactor visits; Expect to attend frequent evening events, travel 3-5 days per month, and 2-3 nights per month.
- Record all contact with potential benefactors in the CIC database and create monthly reportsas required by Director and COO that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Attend CIC and other community events as required.
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects and participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
– Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors and develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them
– Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
– Make solicitations on behalf of Director when appropriate
– Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Conduct 180 – 300 face-to-face benefactor visits each year (15- 25/month).
- Achieve benchmark revenue objectives from goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising.
- Proven experience of soliciting major gifts totaling at least $500,000 annually.
- Interest in all aspects of the mission of the CIC and a dedication to promoting the CIC’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the CIC.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a jeweler’s eye for detail.
- Must be willing to travel, and attend occasional weekend and evening events.
- Total compensation will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CATHOLIC IDENTITIY AND INTEGRITY
- Employees acknowledge the religious nature and mission of the CIC. In accordance with their role as Church personnel and in witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our employees must conduct themselves with integrity and act in a manner consistent with the official teachings, doctrines, laws and policies of the Roman Catholic Church. In addition to all other legal grounds for discipline, up to and including termination, employees may be disciplined or dismissed for conduct constituting serious public immorality, public scandal, or public repudiation of the teachings, doctrines, or laws of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Mitch Boersma at firstname.lastname@example.org